25 August 2008

Think this....

Almost all the people say that "God only helps those who help themselves". Note : whether the word "only" is in there or not im not too sure.

And its a normal thing to hear "Depend on yourself. Believe in yourself. Trust yourself."



I got better answers which i know is much much better than those above......

God helps the helpless. He died for sinners, the ungodly :

"For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat..."Isaiah 25:4

"For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly." Romans 5:6

"Ask and you shall receive, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you. "Matthew 7:7

"And those who know Your name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalm 9:10

"In You our fathers trusted; they trusted, and You delivered them. To You they cried and were rescued; in You they trusted and were not put to shame." Psalm 22 : 4-5

Thus says the Lord:
“Cursed is the man who trusts in man
and makes flesh his strength,
whose heart turns away from the Lord.
He is like a shrub in the desert,
and shall not see any good come.
He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness,
in an uninhabited salt land.

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
whose trust is the Lord.
He is like a tree planted by water,
that sends out its roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes,
for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of drought,
for it does not cease to bear fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:5-8

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?
The Lord is on my side as my helper;
I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.

It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in princes.

Psalm 118:6-9

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”

For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
You will not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.

A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
You will only look with your eyes
and see the recompense of the wicked.

Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place—
the Most High, who is my refuge—
no evil shall be allowed to befall you,
no plague come near your tent.

For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the adder;
the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.

“Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.
When he calls to me, I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

Psalm 91

So who you going to trust MORE? Yourself, as imperfect as any other thing on this earth, man who have a cunning heart, OR Jesus Christ who has defeated death, defeated the devil and raised the dead? You might wana think again who u are trusting.......since u yourself cant even guarantee tomorrow's heart beat or your own life.

Btw.......God helps those who help themselves was a phrase made by Benjamin Franklin. No where in the Bible does it ever say this. Why? Coz simply.....God is that loving. And He knows we can never help ourselves totally 100%. Since we are imperfect. Therefore we always will be needing Him everyday. See how important God is now?

Think again.......

No comments: