01 November 2007

I will miss u. Thank you for everything!

I went riding today. The weather looked fine. After 4pm class i just had the urge to ride. Kaki suda manyak gatal. hahaha. so i got home suited up and rode out at 4.30. reason so early is to avoid traffic jams. i dun worry much abt the sun, i worry more abt traffic.

So as i got out suddenly it started to drizzle and yet the sun was out. I didnt care. Just rode. Manage to escape it in the end.

Today i wanted to try the route to genting sempah (25km one way) to see how nice the roads are. After some time spent on Google Earth to find out the route i finally got my bearings. Google earth seriously has helped me alot on KL travel. Haha

Exiting danau kota then i was on a short highway b4 i reach some modern kampung roads. was a really nice place as i rode along. my target was to ride 15km one way then 15 back. And after i rode further n further i was almost in the middle of the forest. This route goes tru a windy narrow path to genting sempah, genting highlands and also bentong, pahang (abt 45km away). But i just cycled as far as i can b4 u-turn home. And then......it just had to drizzle. from km10 onwards i was greeted with water drops.

Not to mention the small incline reduced my speed to 20 kmh.

On another note, this is the first ride i do with my new Mavic wheels in full riding use. Its a really nice wheelset to ride. I feel the lightness now. Steering is quicker and response is faster. Everytime i get up n sprint the wheels just goes along and obeys all my directions. Its a really fun wheelset to ride on.

So now i was doing 20kmh for abt 5 more km. so my meter stopped at 15 and i decided to u turn back since i saw some grey clouds. the drizzle got a little heavier. So i made the shallow decent. I didnt pedal, just freewheel for the next 3km, whis is amazing. haha. Along the twisty roads with a few hairpins. Then along the way i saw another rider alone. Greeted him and continued our separate ways. his bike was cool though. I tink it was a cervelo. Lol

Anyways, as i reach flat road, i saw infront of me a monster cloud. it was big black and ugly. i was sure i will have to endure the rain later. But i tried to beat it. So i pounded the pedals as hard as i can. Did 37kmh at certain places. pushed real hard. then suddenly i get a mixture of crosswinds and headwinds from the storm clouds. If u wanna knw wat tat feels like. U ride at 37kmh then have some one push ur wheels side to side and push u backwards. its not tat scary, just challenging to get ur wheels to go straight.

AS as i reach the outskirts of the kampung to the town area of Gombak, the rain fell. And i was riding into a monster. Slowly things got more wet. me the bike the road. now my mind was to get home as safe as i can. I continued riding in the heavy rain while other motorcyclist took refuge under the bus stops. they might think i am crazy. but well, i still continued.

now one thing riding in the rain NOT usinfg those cool shades is water gets into your eyes. And i dreaded for almost 30minits. water plus sweat plus hair gel in my eyes and i had to watch the road. Had to constantly wipe my eyes pedaling at 24kmh in the rain.

had to make my self noticable to traffic. So i took alot of road. its better to let drivers see u then to suddenly find u. at one point i had to avoid the bussed taking and letting go passengers.

So finally i reached danau kota again, and the rain lightened. I pedaled slowly home after tat , drenched but wit a nice experience anyway. haha. memories.

another day another ride.

So whats the thanks and missing all about?

Well, i sold off my old wheelset to a nice guy. gave him offer RM100 for my pair of wheels. Those wheels served me for 3 yrs n 3300km. went tru almost all with me. Gona miss tat set. Hand sprayed some more. The graphics tat i made myself. hehe. Hope to see it on its new owners bike. Take care my wheelsets. till we ride again.

No comments: